The internship for a period of 30 days in a calendar month. otal number of working days should not be less than 22 days. Internship for a period of 2 months. The total number of working days should not be less than 44 days.
The eligibility criteria for internship are as follows:
Students pursuing PG/M.Phil/Ph.D in the following subjects are eligible to apply:
- Social Work
- Forensic Psychology
- Human Rights
- Public Administration
- Public Policy & Governance
- Information Technology
- Police & Prison Studies
- Cyber Securiy
- Cyber Forensics & Information Security
- Police & Prison Administration
- Computer Science
- Any other subjects related to police or administration issues.
Schedule for Internship:
The schedule for nternship will be as follows:
- Introductory Session: The interns will be introduced to the DG, BPR&D, ADG, BPR&D and Director of the Divisions.
- Assigning of Tasks: The interns will be assigned tasks by the respective Divisions in which they will be attached.
- Assigning of Projects: The interns will be assigned projects on police or correctional administration related issues by the respective Divisions in which they will be attached.
- Field Visits: The interns will be for field visits to get exposure and firsthand experience of the work done by police and prison administration to:
a) Correctional Homes
b) Police Stations
c) Juvenile Homes (optional)
d) Any other place relevant to police/prison administration (optional)
How to Apply?
Click Here to see the Form
Applications must be forwarded by the Head of Department of their University. Applications which are not forwarded through the respective Head of the Department of the University will be rejected. Students who have attended Internship Programme in the BPR&D earlier are not eligible to apply again.