The NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal), Chandigarh has notified the Vacancy for a Job Role as Legal Research Associate you can apply by March 23, 2022.
The National Company Law Tribunal is a quasi-judicial body in India that adjudicates issues relating to Indian companies. The tribunal was established under the Companies Act 2013 and was constituted on 1 June 2016 by the government of India and is based on the recommendation of the V. Balakrishna Eradi committee on the law relating to insolvency and the winding up of companies.
About the Opportunity
Applications are invited from Indian nationals to work as a Law Research Associate in NCLT purely on contractual assignments.
Duration of Engagement
- Initially for 1 (One) year, extendable further depending upon the performance and requirement.
- The maximum period of engagement as a Law Research Associate on a contract basis in the NCLT will not exceed 3 years.
- Engagement on a contractual basis will be subject to satisfactory performance and it can be terminated by the Tribunal, without assigning any reason whatsoever at any time. The Short-term contractual assignment shall not confer any right or claim to any regularization or continuance of service.
- They will not be entitled to any kind of regular leave except casual leave on a pro-rata basis.
Number of Vacancies
Selection will be made for filling up the existing and/or future vacancies in NCLT Benches at the various locations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Law Research Associate shall function as Research Associate attached to Hon’ble President/Members of NCLT for the purpose of
- Identification, selection, collection and combination of case laws, citation and judicial pronouncements relevant to specific proceedings,
- Sitting in court during hearing of matters by the Tribunal and noting down the arguments,
- Preparing synopsis of the matters listed before the Tribunal,
- Assisting in preparation of draft judgement if asked for.
- They shall also be responsible for development, storage and speedy retrieval of such material as per requirement and bunching of similar matters.
- Law Graduates fresh or experienced who have passed final year LLB examination with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks from a recognized university.
- The candidate must be enrolled with any Bar Council.
- The age of the candidate shall not be above 30 years as on last date of receipt of applications, i.e. on March 23, 2022;
- The candidate must have knowledge of computer operation including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processors such as Manupatra, SCC Online, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates who has presented or is in the process of publishing a Research Paper on the topics of Corporate Laws, IBC, and laws governing economic justice.
- A Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 40,000/- per month will be paid to the Law Research Associate.
- He/she will not be entitled to any DA/HRA/residential accommodation or any other allowance.
How to Apply?
Submit the filled out application form in the prescribed format for the job role of Law Research Associate, to the following address:
The Designated Registrar,
National Company Law Tribunal,
Corporate Bhawan, Plot no. 4-B,
Ground Floor, Sector 27-B, Madhya Marg,
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find the application proforma annexed to the Official Advertisement.
March 23, 2022
Click Here To Read Official Notification