Lexis Nexis, Gurgaon is inviting applications for the job role as a Legal Counsel.
The Legal Counsel – India reports directly to the Head of Legal, Asia and is responsible for supporting the India business of LexisNexis and such other countries/regions as the Head of Legal – Asia shall direct from time to time. The role is expected to be fully integrated with the senior management team of the India business. Subject to the following, the purpose of the role is to deliver commercially focused legal advice to business decision makers, to protect the company from harm, and to ensure policies and procedures are followed. This involves ensuring legal, regulatory and internal compliance takes place to the highest standards, evaluating relevant legal issues, obligations and vulnerabilities of the business, ensuring that all practices, policies, and business activities of the organisation protect the company’s interests and are integrated with the commercial strategies and objectives of the business. The position proactively ensures that the Head of Legal – Asia is aware of material legal considerations that affect the business and provides advice and counsel to the India business, line managers and such other regions/businesses as the Head of Legal – Asia shall direct concerning the laws and regulations that impact their functional areas. The role has the support of a team of paralegals based in the Philippines.
Previous work in a law firm/legal department of MNC with experience in dealing with corporate, commercial and technology law trends across Asia is preferred. Knowledge of Indian law is essential. Preferable, but not essential, to have experience advising in respect of dealings in other Asia jurisdictions.
1. Solutions oriented, proactive provision of legal advice
2. Excellent written and spoken communication skills
3. Business engagement skills
4. Building, managing and maintaining strong internal relationships with key stakeholders
5. Collaborative and able to partner with different functions across business
6. Energises employees
7. Leads with integrity
8. Commercial and financial literacy
9. Strong conceptual and strategic thinking — able to see ahead
1. Qualified Lawyer with 1-5 years PQE
2. Law Degree from a reputable university Language: Fluency in English
To apply click here