Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented commercial transaction lawyer based in New Delhi or Bangalore to support Amazon Web Services, the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering cloud computing and IT services in such areas as compute, storage, databases, internet of things, machine learning, quantum technologies, robotics, as well as providing training, digital transformation consulting and more. Apply for the job now.
This Corporate Counsel will primarily support AWS’ business development and marketing teams in India.
The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, negotiating, and advising on cloud IT service agreements with a broad range of customers from startups to enterprises as well as our partner IT companies, support for local marketing, training and digital transformation consulting activities, and will act as a counselor for senior management and other business team members.
The role includes participating in other Amazon legal projects as directed, managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and managing complex regulatory issues.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Key job responsibilities
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, have strong written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation is competitive and includes equity compensation.
• Law degree (J.D. or equivalent) from a leading law school.
• 5 or more years of post-admission legal experience; more experienced candidates should still apply.
• In house experience at a technology company or in a private practice technology group.
• Familiarity with IT/technology licensing, outsourcing and services agreements.
• Understanding of intellectual property, competition and privacy issues.